BlueCross BlueShield Venture Partners (BCBSVP) is a corporate venture fund program to which thirty-six BCBS entities have committed over $800 million across four Funds. The Funds invest in promising emerging companies of strategic relevance to Blue Cross and/or Blue Shield Plans and provide access to its portfolio to deploy innovation at scale. BlueCross BlueShield Venture Partners is sponsored by the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, an association of independent Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies.
BlueCross BlueShield Venture Partners is focused on innovating in the healthcare industry. The Healthcare industry is experiencing unprecedented change with the implementation of the Affordable Care Act; expansion of retail healthcare and rise of consumerism; new provider payment models; and rapid change in medical technology and the delivery of care.
BlueCross BlueShield Venture Partners provides a unique value proposition to emerging
companies and health plans looking to innovate within a dynamic marketplace.
- The Funds make equity investments in companies that align with the strategies of its BCBS Plan investors. The Funds are stage-agnostic and typical investments range from $1M to $20M.
- The Funds partner with market-leading CEOs to provide strategic guidance, partnership introductions, strategic sales support, and Board oversight.
- The Fund team has well-established programs for introducing portfolio companies to Blue Plans to drive significant revenue, distribution, and partnership opportunities.
- Plans have access to innovative companies that can lead to business development and strategy insights, vendor agreements, or M&A opportunities.
- The unrivaled market position of The Blues® and unparalleled recognition of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands attracts best-in-class emerging companies.
In line with the Blue Venture Fund’s focus on long-term strategic partnerships, we emphasize relationship building and focus on helping entrepreneurs. We respect entrepreneurs and recognize how hard it is to build a business – especially in healthcare.